Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana sbi was announced by the Finance Minister of the country, Arun Jaitley on the year 2015, after which it was formally launched on 8 May 2015 by the Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi. This scheme has been started keeping in mind the poor and economically poor families of the country.
Under this scheme, accident insurance will be provided to the people of the country by the central government. To get insurance by the government under Suraksha Bima Yojana, the poor and poor people of the country only have to pay a premium of Rs 12 annually. After that, you can avail of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Under this scheme, if a person insures his accident in this policy and he dies, then the amount he has insured is given to his family or nominee as a cover. If a person dies in a road accident or any other accident. So his family will be provided insurance up to Rs 2 lakh. And if a person is temporarily handicapped (one leg, hand, eye) in an accident, then he will be provided security insurance up to Rs 1 lakh.
This Suraksha Bima Yojana is an accident insurance plan. Dear friends, today we are going to provide you all the information related to the scheme like application process, eligibility, documents etc. through this article of ours.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana sbi Highlights
Scheme Name :- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Launched by :- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi
Launch Date :-2015
Purpose :-To provide accident insurance
Purpose of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
As you know, there are many people in the country who are unable to get their insurance due to being economically poor. Whenever such a person dies in an accident, his whole family starts struggling with financial crisis. Apart from this, they are not able to pay any type of insurance schemes available with private or public sector insurance companies, then they are entitled to all Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Under this scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, if a person insures his accident and he dies, then the amount he has insured is given to his family or nominee as a cover.
Funds to be given in PMSBY
- Death Case Rs 2 Lakh
- 2 lakhs in the event of complete or non-healing of both eyes or inability to use both hands or feet or to lose sight of one eye and unable to use one hand or foot.
- Rs 1 lakh in case you lose sight of one eye and cannot come back or cannot use one hand and leg
- The benefit of this scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana will be provided to all sections of the country, but especially the backward and poor sections of the country will be benefited.
- If a person dies in a road accident or any other accident. So up to Rs 2 lakh, accident insurance will be provided to his family by the government.
- In case of a partial handicap, you get a cover of Rs 1 lakh.
- If he is temporarily disabled in the accident, then he is given an insurance cover of up to one lakh rupees.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the policyholder will have to pay a premium of Rs 12 annually. Only then will he be entitled to security insurance.
- Apart from this, if they are not able to pay any type of insurance plans available with private or public sector insurance companies, then they are all entitled to this scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana will be renewed every year with a cover for one year.
- Bank can engage any insurance company of its choice to offer this PMSBY.
- Especially people living in rural areas of the country. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana provides them insurance.
- Applicants must be residents of India.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the age of the applicant should be from 18 years to 70 years, it should not be more than this.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to have an active savings bank account.
- The applicant has to sign a consent form for the auto-debit of the policy premium.
- The entire 12 premiums will be deducted simultaneously on 31 May every year.
- The policy will end in case of bank account closure.
- The policy cannot be renewed if the premium is not deposited.
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Age certificate
- income certificate
- Valid mobile number
- Passport Size Photo
Interested beneficiaries of the country who want to avail the benefits of this scheme can go to any branch of the bank and apply under this scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- If you want to download the application form, you must first go to the official website of the Prime Minister’s Security.
- After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page, you will see the option of Forms, you will have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you on the computer screen.
- On this page, you have to click on the option of Prime Minister’s Security Insurance. After this, you have to click on the option of the application form.
- Then the PDF of the application form will open in front of you. You can download the Application Form PDF, after this you will have to fill all the information asked in the application form like name, address, Aadhaar number, email ID, etc.
- After filling all the information, you will have to attach all your documents with the application.
- Then you have to submit the application form to the bank.