DakPay UPI By IPPB,The Department of Post (India Post) and the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) on Tuesday launched a new digital payment app ‘DakPay’ for its customers to operate their banking services online.
The app was unveiled as part of its ongoing efforts to provide Digital Financial inclusion at the last mile across India by Union Communications and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
‘DakPay UPI By IPPB‘ will provide digital financial and assisted banking services provided by India Post and IPPB through the postal network across the country. It will facilitate services such as sending money, scanning QR code,s and making payments for services and merchants digitally. Also Read :-How to transfer contacts from android to iPhone after setup
The app will also provide interoperable banking services to the customers with any bank in the country.
The DakPay UPI By IPPB app can be used to send money to others, scan QR codes, and make payments for merchants and service providers digitally. One can link it to an individual’s bank account and use the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) to make payments. Also Read :-How to transfer contacts from android to iPhone after setup
The app enables a dedicated UPI ID linked to the bank account. This app will help in “enabling cashless ecosystem through biometrics, providing interoperable banking services to the customers of ANY BANK (AePS) and Utility Bill Payment services.”
Also Read :-
- India’s new National Education Policy 2020-HRD ministry.
- Aatm Nirbhar Bharat yojana online registration
- pradhan mantri suraksha bima yojana sbi
IPPB launches its digital payments services DakPay aims to Transform Banking Experience at the last mile. People can now send money instantly and anywhere, this app is right now available on Android. People can now link their bank account on DakPay UPI By IPPB and transfer money with BHIM UPI instantly.
The DakPay UPI By IPPB is safe and secure, meets all your payment and banking needs, and is much better than Internet banking.
How to Create DakPay UPI ID
- 1: Download and Install DakPay UPI By IPPB from Google Play store (Android) /App Store(iOS).
- 2: Select your preferred language.
- 3: Switch the device location on
- 4: Verify mobile number & enter all the basic details necessary for registration
- 5: Select your bank and set UPI PIN, your DakPay app now ready for transactions!!
Permissions for Dak Pay App and Reasons
- SMS – To verify Phone number for registration
- Location – Required by NPCI for UPI transactions
- Contacts – To send money to your contacts
- Camera – To scan QR code for making payments
- Storage – To store scanned QR code
IPPB Dak Pay Services
Taking the vision of PM Narendra Modi’s financial inclusion and AatmaNirbhar Bharat forward, India Post Office today launched DakPay – a UPI based digital payments app for inter-bank fund transfers, merchant payments service, and also access to various postal products. Some of the India Post Payment Bank DakPay UPI By IPPB Services are mentioned below:-
UPI – Fast and Easy bank account to bank account payment transfers.
VDC – Shop and make payments with digital form of a debit card powered by Rupay.
DMT – Instant money transfer to any bank account in the country.
AEPS – Aadhar enabled payment services empowers you to avail banking services at your doorstep using biometric authentication.
Bill Payments – People can now make bill payments to 470+ billers.
Postal Products – Customer can make payments for postal products like RD, PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Account etc.
IPPB Dak Pay Digital Payment App Features
- Through DakPay UPI By IPPB Mobile App, customers can send money to others by implementing Domestic Money Transfers – DMT, scanning QR code as well as and make payment for services/merchants digitally through virtual debit card and with UPI.
- The app will help to enable a cashless ecosystem through biometrics , providing interoperable banking services to the customers of any banks, and Utility Bill Payment services.
- Announcing the launch of the DakPay Mobile App, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & IT and Law & Justice said, “India Post stood the test of times by serving the nation through various postal services digitally and physically during the nationwide lockdown.”
- “This innovative service will not only give access to banking services and postal products online but also is a unique concept where one can order and avail postal financial services at doorsteps,” Prasad added.
- At the launch event, Prasad also appreciated India Post Payments Bank’s efforts during the fight against Covid-19 by providing doorstep financial assistance through AePS leading to the financial empowerment of the unbanked and the underbanked.
- “The unveiling of DakPay is a landmark achievement in IPPB’s journey and will further deepen comprehensive financial inclusion to bring forth the dawn of a ‘Truly Inclusive Financial System’. Our motto is – Every customer is important, every transaction is significant and every deposit is valuable.” said J Venkatramu, MD & CEO, India Post Payments Bank.
- Recently, IPPB launched a doorstep DLC service for pensioners.
- The pensioners can now submit an online request for availing of the doorstep DLC service on payment of a nominal fee.
- IPPB has been established under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication with 100% equity owned by the Government of India. IPPB was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on September 1, 2018.
- “The fundamental mandate of India Post Payments Bank is to remove barriers for the unbanked & underbanked and reach the last mile leveraging the Postal network comprising 155,000 Post Offices (135,000 in rural areas) and 300,000 Postal employees,” the ministry stated.